John Adams High School is a proposed Douglas County 9th through 12th grade charter school planning to open the fall 2015, which may be pushed back to the fall of 2016. The school is being designed as a high school that will continue the excellent education received from area charter elementary and middle schools. The goal is to develop a school that will accommodate a large high school student body at full capacity and provide the full range of high school extracurricular activities.
Please note that John Adams High School is still in its formative stages. Our programs and goals are being refined. As such, content on this web site will change.
John Adams High School will hold the next parent informational meeting in October or November.
The charter application will be resubmitted in December. The Douglas County school District has 70 days to announce their decision.
Our next Parent Informational Meeting will be held the third week of January (Either the 20th or 22nd). Stay tuned for more information.
- Prealgebra , Algebra I, Geometry , Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, AP Calculus, AP Statistics
- World Literature, British Literature, American Literature and Rhetoric, American Literature, AP Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Earth Science, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP Physics 1 & 2, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism
- Human Geography, AP Human Geography, US Government, AP US Government, US History, AP US History, AP World History
- Economics, Business , Finance
- AP Psychology
- Foundations of Art, Digital Art and Photography I, Digital Art & Photography II, Film Study, AP Studio Art and Drawing, AP Studio Art/2D Design
- Choir, Orchestra, Band, AP Music Theory, Guitar
- Spanish I, II, III, IV, AP Spanish
- Mandarin I, II, III, IV, AP Mandarin
- Intro to Programming, Visual Programming I & II, Web Programming I or II, Advanced Web Programming, AP Computer Science
- Athletic Weights & Conditioning, Physical Education, Health & Wellness
- Yearbook, Journalism, Creative Writing
Interested in enrolling? John Adams High School (JAHS) is accepting Intent to Enroll forms through our website. This does not bind you to attend JAHS, but it does give us an idea who is interested in attending. To fill out an Intent to Enroll form -http://www.johnadamshs.org/content/intent-enroll. For details on Open Enrollment, Intent to Enroll and John Adams High School: https://www.facebook.com/JohnAdamsHS/posts/386323978182600
Keep checking for updates about upcoming Volunteer committee meetings!
"You will ever remember that all the end of study is to make you a good man and a useful citizen.” - John Adams